Saturday, August 19, 2017

Welcome Back!!

                           I'm so excited for the 2017/18 school year! 

Quick info on me-I have three kids, twin boys-18 yrs. old, and a daughter-16 years old. She attends Hebron High School. One of my boys is going to University of Arkansas and will be a member of the Razorback Marching Band. My other son is going to a smaller college in Morrilton, Arkansas and pursing leadership in his church. 
I graduated from University of Central Arkansas with my Bachelor of Science in Education, Certified in Middle Level 4-8. I taught 6th grade Literacy in Conway, Arkansas for three years.(Before, I was a Conway Fire Fighter:)-yep me! 
Then, my husband's job moved us to Texas. We moved last September to Lewisville. I love Texas! (Although, I will always be a Razorback fan! Pig Sooie!) Soon after we moved, I took the Texas exams and received my Texas Teaching License. 
Last year, I was a long-term substitute teacher at Griffin. I taught 8th grade English Language Arts and I fell in love with this school! 
Now, I have a full-time position as a 7th grade English Language Arts teacher and I can't wait to get started! 
    I'm hoping to use this blog as a way for parents to follow our journey throughout the year and to also have as a resource if needed. If your student needs extra help or maybe was just absent, I will add information and links to help at home. Please feel free to contact me with any questions.
perkinsh@lisd.net

No comments:

Post a Comment